Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DPI Scaling issue

Dick B
Dick B Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I changed monitors and now have the DPI Scaling issue - how to solve?  I changed from a 1920 x 1080 to a 1920 x 1200 monitor and now my frequency is overlapped by the TX field just as others have experienced.  I'm running at 100% and NO Napoli fonts.  Tim's answer to others with this issue is "It's a DPI scaling issue" but this tells me nothing.  What do I do about it?  SmartSDR is the ONLY application out of dozens of apps that has the problem.  

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My computer Windows 10 is set for 1920 X 1080 and everything works normal..My monitor is a LG 1080P monitor fed by a HDMI cable..I would just set your WEindows 10 settings to what works best for FLEX and other software.. It is my understanding that 1220 X 1080 is the preferred default for Windows so programmers work around this setting... Your computer video card may have defaulted the settings to 1920 X 1080??
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019

If it displays correctly using 1920 x 1080 than that suggests that the native aspect ratio is 1.77:1  If you change the monitor to 1920 x 1200 than its aspect ratio is now 1.6:1 Depending on how the code was written, the GUI can be stretched, but visual spacing is bound to suffer somewhere.

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My computer Windows 10 is set for 1920 X 1080 and everything works normal..My monitor is a LG 1080P monitor fed by a HDMI cable..I would just set your Windows 10 settings to what works best for FLEX and other software.. It is my understanding that 1220 X 1080 is the preferred default for Windows so programmers work around this setting... Your computer video card may have defaulted the settings to 1920 X 1200??
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Sorry but 1) every other application I use (dozens) looks just fine, 2) only the frequency display in SmartSDR has the problem.  All the rest of SmartSDR looks fine.  This is a Flex SmartSDR programming issue.  As a 38 year programmer I know it's easiest for users to try to adapt to quirks in the software, but software is written to serve users not the other way around.  This needs to be fixed.  If I don't find someone here who has found the fix I'll open a Ticket with Flex.   
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    BTW.  I changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080 (same as my prior display) and the SmartSDR display was STILL WRONG with the frequency overlapped by the TX box.  The other difference between displays is my original was connected via HDMI and this one is DisplayPort, but that should not make any difference to the code.  

Also, my SmartSDR is v1.10.16.  I have had no need for the functions in v2.  

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I am sure it is something simple... I have no experience with the DisplayPort concept, but someone in our IT department at work, said he would stick with HDMI as the Video Cards seem happier with HDMI then DisplayPort connections... For what that is worth... I am sure you will figure it out..  BTW, does your video card and monitor have a HDMI port available to try switching over to that??

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2030669/laptop-accessories/hdmi-vs-displayport-which-display-interfa...

Robert
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

You NEED to add the Napoli font to your monitor driver.   Just add the font to your font library,  here is the zip file to download and expand.  

https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/napoliserial-xlight-font/?wpdmdl=3085&refresh=5c5b4854918b71...

You will find this discussion at this Community listing.
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/slice-frequency-display-partially-covered-by-text-i...

This should fix you up .. 

Dudley

• Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yep, Tim answered my Ticket right away Dudley and put me onto that font.  I guess in the upgrade to Win10 it must have been lost.  I installed it and it's 98% fixed - just a few pixels at the top of the frequency are covered.  I asked Tim if there is any way to fine tune the font.  

Thanks for great support as always!

KF5SA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.