Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Who wants KE9NS PowerSDR Features in SmartSDR 2.0

2»

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi Gerald,
    Thanks for the info.  I know there are lots of ideas on the list.  I'm just hoping that now that some of the big projects are almost done (e.g. the new radios, amp, SmartLink and multi-client) more of the smaller enhancements on the idea list will rise to the top. 

I wish you had more $$$ to spend of programming and you could add another programmer or two.  But I also know it has to come from somewhere and don't fault you for the decisions you have made on what to focus on.  FWIW, I'd be happy to pay the upgrade fee more often if it helped get some of them.  (but I know that might not be popular with some, and is a real balancing act)

Happy New Year and looking forward to the next release.

Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.4.9
    Win10

• W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I would think that during the program installation it could set up a shared folder that would be available to the radio over the network. May take a little more user work to give that folder permissions to be used via the network. Then a radio setting on what to use, either internal or network drive for the audio files. 

I just read the V3 release stuff and there is absolutely nothing I care about so I guess v2 it is until they start releasing things people have been asking for, not what they think we want. 

Craig
    W1MSG
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Craig, RE: I just read the V3 release stuff and there is absolutely nothing I care about so I guess v2 it is until they start releasing things people have been asking for, not what they think we want. Seems to be a common sentiment......SCROLL down to #27. https://groups.io/g/FlexRadioSmartSDR/topic/what_kind_of_frs_owner/29597103?p=,,,50,0,0,0::recentpostdate/sticky,,,50,2,0,29597103 Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yea same here. They are marketing to another crowd that the way I operate.    No reason to upgrade for me.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Same here, but I am not ready to throw the hole thing out just yet. I really like the TX options panel per band settings, that will make a big change for those that have settings for transverters and other things.

I hope other things will crop up during the V3 updates as time goes by that I may want.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.