Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

cannot transmit flex 6300

Salty Z
Salty Z Member ✭✭
flex 6300, latest WJST-X, FT8, win10 most recent update, sdr 2.49, antenna loop on 20 m, running about 20 watts power into loop
checked swr 1.3 to 1.6; dummy load shows 20 watts with power set to 70 in sdr
upon starting dax tx stream showed transmitting with gain at max and red indicator below
able to get some calls spotted for about 12 minutes and saw a transmit spike in sdr, then no further transmit after this time, no settings changed but could not transmit; dax tx stream said transmitting but no red indicator below and no tx spike in sdr no swr no rf power indications
very frustrating and open to all suggestions
Thanks 
Greg K4GAZ

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    first steps:

1) make sure this is not a rig problem.  Check your transmit power out using TUNE or CW into the dummy load.

2) close and reopen DAX.  On rare occasions there is a glitch that makes things go haywire.

3) check transmit via WSJT-X again.  Recommended DAX TX setting = 48.  Then run the power slider on WSJT-X up towards full and watch the main tx audio level meter to keep it out of the red and see if you are getting full output.

if that doesn't get things working, please report back for additional steps....

Ken - NM9P
  • Salty Z
    Salty Z Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    1- transmit power checked with dummy load and swr meter; showed about 20 watts output; the loop I am using is meant for qrp so not surprised by watts
    2- did restart and push power all way up in wjst; was able to transmit and see this in sdr and dax; this only lasted for about 10 minutes then it went back to no signal in sdr or dax and my call not spotted by anyone
  • Salty Z
    Salty Z Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    after my last post i shut down dax and wjst; after restarting these able to transmit with normal waveforms in sdr, dax and saw my call spotted for this time period
    this suggests that dax and wjst might not get along with each other and with sdr
    will try this often if I get hung up again
    thanks so much for your help
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Double check your setup...Here is a how to...

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202037343-Configuring-WSJT-X-and-SmartSDR-for-Windo...

Also don't forget you need to sync your clocks with an accurate time source.  I use Meinberg.

https://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/sw/ntp.htm
  • Salty Z
    Salty Z Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Mike thanks I have checked all that you suggested. I have found in my rig that flex is better than ts 2000 in the radio tab. I think that I have the rig working like it should
    Greg
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Greg,

I also use the Flex rig in WSJT-X.   I find it very reliable. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.