Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

green to amber LED

Options
Rick Wykoff
Rick Wykoff Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
From time to time while operating the 6400 remote and radio is on 24/7 the radio goes off line thru Smartlink and the LED turns from green to amber.  Visiting the site I just push the button and after flashing green for a bit turns to solid green and all is OK.  Any idea of why the radio suddenly goes to amber light?  It is plugged into APU so power supply would not be interrupted.

Answers

• David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Could that be GPSDO Standby?  If so the question still remains as to what turned it off?
  • Tim Osborne
    Tim Osborne Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been experiencing this recently. Maybe it's a January thing. :)

I run my 6600 24/7 too, and recently I was having to toggle the remote on/off to get the radio working again from my distant operating position. I put a motion sensing camera on the unit to see if I could catch it in mis-action, and it apparently goes from solid green to blinking amber, eventually settling on a cycle of two blinks (could be yellow, I'm chromatically challenged) and the fan is stopped. As mentioned in Rick's message a button press or remote on/off cycle wakes the radio up but it would never come back to a locked GPS blue power button, even after reboot. However it shows a blue *icon* in the SDR app (seems contradictory).

The uptime was getting shorter and shorter, so I went to the shack, reset the radio to factory defaults and reloaded my profile settings, went to the setup tab and "uninstalled" GPS soft/firmware and then re-installed it, and that seems to have restored sanity - at least for the last 24 hours.

Ideas? Can the GPS SW/FW get confused?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.