Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius XL Status Update 11/19/2018

HCampbell  WB4IVF
HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Power Genius XL update from the 11/19/2018 Insider email:

Production Update

This past week we were pleased to host the 4O3A team in Austin to coordinate our efforts for production restart. As of today we have contacted all remaining customers to return their units for upgrade. We plan to complete those upgrades in the upcoming days so that we can begin shipments of new units. The Thanksgiving holiday will slow down things a bit this week but we expect to be fully staffed the following week. We are in the process of increasing final test and burn in capacity as well as bringing on additional personnel to increase throughput.

Thank you once again for your patience as we complete this process. Based on feedback from the large number of customers who have received the upgrade, we are confident you will be glad you waited.

Gerald Youngblood

CEO
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I was contacted to return my PGXL for the 6M upgrade, and it is now on its way to Austin.

Howard

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It is great to see regular updates on the PG-XL from Gerald, the latest being December 3, '18, and that FRS is nearing a point where they plan to contact those who were early on the backlog list.  I'd really like to know whether FRS plans to fill all the PG-XL orders that were placed before the end of 2017, sometime in 2019.
  • dan flynn
    dan flynn Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    WB4IVF - Howard... Following up on your post regarding returning your PGXL to Austin TX for the 6M upgrade.  Did you ever get it back?   Doesn't seem to be much status these days on new deliveries. Just curious if Flex is making progress on their backlog repairs.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I heard from a good source that the Amp updates have been completed.
  • Bernie W7DMC
    Bernie W7DMC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Think I had one of the last updates and I got it back Monday
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

I got my PG back about 10 days ago, loaded with the latest firmware which has some improvements over the previous version – it’s a little quieter on the lowest fan speed setting, min. keying delay has been reduced, and the panel backlighting is finally adjustable. 

Howard

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.