Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB Mic, remote problems

henrylance
henrylance Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello everyone.  I need to be pointed in the right direction, and before someone says do a search I did. 

I recently purchased a new PC Laptop ( Windows 10 ) to run Smart SDR remote from the main station. I have no problems with CW, and digital modes.  All works well.  My problem is with SSB.  

The problem is getting Mic audio output.  Just for testing I purchased a Logitech USB H540 headset ( as I said just to see how I liked remote ssb).  The LapTop detected the headset and installed it OK.  I have no problems with receive audio from the Flex 6500.  Went to the Sound setups, and found the headset, which was checked off and made sure that it was also the choice for recording. Made sure that the VOX on the Flex was on, and also made sure that the Mic was set for PC.  No transmit.  The Flex did not go to xmit.

Just for the heck of it I put the USB Logitech on my main computer in the shack which is a Mac Mini , and went over to my user page for DogPark SDR and tried SSB, and it worked fine. Just getting started with DogPark, and normally use BootCamp and Windows 10 for the Flex.

I assume that wireless Mics would set up the same as USB with just with the extra step of pairing with BT.

Thanks in advance. Lance  L  k4wh

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Is the PC Audio button at the top right lit so you can turn it on?
  • henrylance
    henrylance Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yes
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    This is what Bill is referencing:

This setting tells SmartSDR to look for the TX audio from the PC.  

If you where also sending Data Audio from a program like WSJTx, you would make sure the DAX button is highlight.

You may want to also check page 77 of the SmartSDR manual (section 18) on how to us PC Audio as there is more information there that can help you out.

Mike

• henrylance
    henrylance Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks, Michael.  That is what I had set up.  I just printed out that part of the manual. It's pages 72 - 76 now, I think.  Not using windows at all except for SmartSdr , all my real world stuff is Mac, am I maybe missing something in the Windows set up  ??  or maybe the Logitech does not have enough output  ??  Another thought, do I use the DAX TX choice, or select the Logitech option  ??

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2019
    Hi

Should you not be using DogParkSDR?   https://dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR.html

It does really help when you provide the entire station setup.

Mike 

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    VOX DOES not work when running remote PC audio with SmartSDR version 2.49
    you have to use MOX or a CAT port PTT to get your MIC audio to the Radio.
    Turn off your VOX and DAX and try the MOX  button to see if you have audio.

73's
    Bret
    wx7y

• henrylance
    henrylance Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Bret thank you.  MIke,  no.  I switched over to Dog Park, just to try the headset mic out, and to see if USB did work.  I prefer Mac OS for everything except ham radio.  I find that Windows is a bit easier, for me.  So my issue is abt using a LapTop as a remote.  
  • henrylance
    henrylance Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Bret,  thanks again.  I do have it working now, but  ....  I also have VOX working.  Just clicked it on and its working with the USB mic from the Lenovo PC.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.