Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

First time users - Some simple notes . ** Please Review **

Mike va3mw
Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
Hi Guys

If you are really new to SmartSDR, can I recommend a few simple places to start?

First, we actually have a manual and it is darn good and easy to read.  We made sure of that.  RTFM stands for Read the Flex Manual.

The SmartSDR manual can be found here:  http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-user-guide-pdf/

Personally, I went over to Staples and had it printed for about $25 in a spiral ring.  It allowed me to easily leaf through it just to see what was in there and being it was paper, I could make notes in it.  

The Index is great, so if I had a Mic issue, I would just look up Mic in the table of contents and go from there.

The other thing I do is have the PDF handy so I can open it up and then do a quick search.  I use CTRL-F and then search on what I am interested it.  All PDF viewers have some sort of text search function.

This also might help you through your first hour of operating.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw60ZLoDaps

Lastly, if you are having issues, spend a few minutes describing your problem and also tell us what you tried to fix a problem.  Check out the manual.

If you don't say what you did, then everyone will think you haven't tried 'that' to fix your problem.  

We have a LOT of great people on this Community who have a ton of knowledge who can help you out.  

Enjoy your new toy and welcome aboard.

Mike

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.