Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WIN10 latest 2018 update impacts + WSJT (not WSJT-X)

Wolf
Wolf Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I hope someone saw this before . . . .
Since the latest 2018 WIN10 update  WSJT V10  terminates after 2 seconds. It worked very well before.  I did reinstall WSJT (multiple times - even with deleting it completely) kept this effect. 
SSB, CW doesn't seem to be impacted.
WSJT-X seems to work well, too

Any idea  . . .  ?   My rig: 6500 + Transverter + + + EME stuff.

Thank you !

Comments

• K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Check your DAX control panel.  Are all the audio streams working?  This update has been known to cause DAX problems.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Want to stop the updates? You are 30 seconds away. Set you computer wireless or ethernet to:

METERED MODE
  • Steve Blankinship AG4SO
    Steve Blankinship AG4SO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I started having the same issue with Windows 7 64 bit and N1MM recently, tried reloading the program to repair, clean reinstall same. Sounds like MS is not playing well with others again. I checked firewall and antivirus no issues I could find.  I am not savvy enough to check the program for anything that may have deleted or overwritten by an update. DAX appears to be ok but cant verify with out the program opening. Will post if I discover anything.

• Wolf
    Wolf Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thank you all.
    I did a complete re-install according to Tim's recommendation.
    Pretty lenghty process (SmartSDR, Drivers, deleted hidden ports and
    finally WSJT 10). . .
    Anyway - All is clean now and back to live.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    FWIW, are those of you who experience these problems leaving your radios powered on for extended periods of time? Do you apply updates while the Flex is (on) connected? I've not had any issues over the past 3 updates, which included one major update. My radio is off when not in use, especially when any updates are being applied. Windows 10 on a dedicated PC.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I do the same as WA2SQQ
    And I been experiencing the same results. 
    NO Flex radio software problems,

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.