Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X vs. HamLib vs. Flex-66xx or TS-2000 ??

2»

Answers

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Jeff, let’s check next items:
    SmartSDR control:
    -DAX enabled
    -appropriate TX bandwidth selected
    -EQ off DAX Control panel:
    - DAX TX enabled
    WSJT:
    For TX selected DAX TX
  • artimus
    artimus Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi Sergey,  

Everything is set up per your information but still no modulation to SmartSDR from WSJT-X.  It used to work when I used the previous version of WSJT-X

Jeff
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Not sure if this is your problem or not;   I lost modulation (no output RF power) during
    the ARRL FT-8 Round Up.   I was down for two full hours.   It turned out that Windows 10,
    version 1809, even without a recent windows update in the last 30 days, had again
    corrupted the DAX Audio devices.  In addition, somehow, it had corrupted the WSJT-X
    install.

First step:  I looked at the DAX devices in the SOUNDS control panel, both the PLABACK
    and RECORD audio devices, and saw that the device names had been mangled.  I took
    an hour to unwind that monster.

Second;  Still no audio output.   I tried ignoring the PC and working with the Flex using
    AM and FM and SSB, and noted good RF output.   Then I tried the PC, nada, nothing.
    DAX levels were showing transmit audio was streaming, but no RF power output at.
    In the end, I installed WSJT-X ver 2 into a second "TEST" directory, fired it up, and it
    worked fine.  Full RF power.

Comparing, I figured out that only the settings/ini file of WSJT-X had been corrupted.
    I deleted it, restarted, and re-entered the settings, and all was working again.

If Microsoft had been around in 1969 with the Apollo moon missions, we either
    would have never gotten off Florida, let alone Earth, or else may have ended up
    on Pluto instead of the moon.    Iquiring minds really want to know:
    How many Microsoft Employees does it take to **** in a light bulb???

Neal
  • artimus
    artimus Member
    edited January 2019
    Neal

I installed WSJT-X to a test directory.  I removed and reinstalled SmartSSdr for windows and Flex VSP .  Still the same result ....no audio showing in the DAX Audio TX .

What is the path to the WSJT-X .ini file.  I can't locate it.

Thanks

Jeff
  • Brian Dowd
    Brian Dowd Member
    edited January 2019
    wsjtx.ini is located in the wsjtx directory if you installed WSJT-X using the defaults.
    Remember: in the directory/file listing, to click on "View": and then click on "File name extensions" or you will not see the ".ini" filename extension.
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    edited January 2019
    Hi Jeff:

Each instance of WSJT-X will create a log file and settings .ini file  in your "appdata" directory, NOT in the program directory.  Since you can have more than one WSJT-X
    installed, and you can use the --rig-name=my-favorite-rig-name  command line
    option for each one, there
    could be more than one WSJT-X folder in your appdata directory.   To find the right
    one for the copy of WSJT-X that you are currently running and have open, go
    to FILE --> OPEN LOG DIRECTORY.

That will pop open a windows explorer window for the log and .ini file.

If you only run one copy of WSJT-X, the file will be called WSJT-X.ini
    And, the path to you log and ini directory will be;

C:usersjeffAppDataLocalWSJT-XWSJT-X.ini

Cheers,

Neal

• artimus
    artimus Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions but no audio.  Same experience on my laptop.
    I assume that the DAX driver or WSJT-X have to be updated.

Jeff
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    edited January 2019
    At this point, you may wish to open a support ticket.
    If Flex support can connect with Teamviewer, they can inspect more in 5 minutes online
    than we can type in 3 or 4 days.    It is possible a recent Windows update scrambled the audio devices/drivers for DAX, like happens so often lately on windows 10 due to Microsoft lack of quality testing with updates.   But explaining what to look for, and how to fix it, here in the thread will take a lot of pictures and typing.  They can inspect it, fix it, rather quickly online.

Cheers,

Neal
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    DAX is more of a problem than WSJT-X loosing internet connectivity.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.