Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fantastic Service for my Flex 6700!

km8am
km8am Member ✭✭
My Signature Model 6700 PA Temp was being reported as -273 degrees c.  (Great Fans!!!)

Although Flex stated Warranty repairs would take two weeks and there was no estimate for out of warranty work, Flex repaired my radio in 8 days and had it back in my shack ASAP!

What more can anyone ask?

Thanks Flex

Ken Moak, km8am

Comments

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Interesting.  That's absolute zero.  Can't help but wonder if that's the range of the temperature sensor...ahem. 
    Happy New Year and 73,
    Bob, WK2Y
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have had similar experiences with Flex service. It's evident that the folks in the Flex service department take the job seriously. At work I deal with manufacturers service dept's every day and very few come close to Flex in my experience.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    They are indeed excellent and prompt. I had a problem with my 6700 a while back and the out of warranty repair took very little time, even with a "burn-in". Good stuff! :)

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

Thanks for the report. I have had similar experiences and Tim went out of his way to help me. It is nice to deal with an American company that cares.

Jim, K6QE
  • Mike Sonn KF9AF
    Mike Sonn KF9AF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I've sent radios in for service, both in and out of warranty.  Saw no difference in service level.  Was always told 2 weeks, never waiting that long.

Having worked in the customer service industry for a few years, it is ALWAYS better to under promise and over deliver.  Flex clearly understands this concept.

Mike
    KF9AF
  • Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Back in 2010, I received a new, loaded Flex 5000 with hardware rattling around inside. Flex asked me to overnight or to them. I had it back in 4 business days. That explains why I've also owned a 6300 and presently, a 6600. Try doing that, Icom!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.