Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10 update?--Now No RX audio in WSJT-X. TX Works fine

John W9KXQ
John W9KXQ Member ✭✭
Yesterday, my new Windows 10 computer was working perfectly with WSJT-X. Old Computer running Win7 was physically replaced with the new following an update on restart of both computers. The Win10 now does not display any audio in the receiving bar or waterfall. I have uninstalled both SDR, DAX & CAT, along with other posts that recommended reinstall of WSJT-X following a deletion of files in the AppData directory & delete WSTJ-X folder. Program reinstalled, but still no receive audio. The TX audio & PTT work fine. Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    John
    I'll offer to help you out at least. This sort of problem is easier to solve when I can discuss it with you directly in real time. If you click the "Flexradio IRC chat" link in my post signature, a webchat client will open a tab in your web browser, you will need to enter your choice of a Nick, using your Callsign for your nick might be best. I'm always in that IRC channel waiting for anyone that needs assistance.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    John:  Jay can get you working.. 

One thing that I found was that not all DAX channels get corrupted.  One Win 10 update killed channel 1 but 2 through 4 were working.  The last update brought DAX RX 1 back to life, but  left channel 3 dead, it shows audio in but no audio out.  illuminate in the sound display) and WSJT indicating input.   All four of my DAX channels now work.

Make sure in the WSJT audio selection that there are no duplicates of the DAX RX channels, if so, then select the other one if that one does not work.  For instance I have seen DAX RX 1 listed twice.

Gud luck,
    Gayle K0FLY
  • John W9KXQ
    John W9KXQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Jay, thanks for offer, will you be available to help about 4:15 CST?
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    John
    No problem, I Should be available until midnight CST, or whenever I pass out in the chair, whichever comes first.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

SDRgadgets

Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks Jay for helping John out!!! A great way to start off the New Year with the Flex Community working as a TEAM!!!!!!

Robert
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    BTW
    For anyone else wondering about IRC, just click the link in my post signature, and join in the discussion. Everyone's welcome! It's Free!!! Might as well use it, to keep from losing it. 

#FlexRadio IRC chat

SDRgadgets

Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• John W9KXQ
    John W9KXQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Jay,
    Thanks again for all of your help to resolve the "windows" issue.  All is working perfect now.

John
    W9KXQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.