Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius XL Update from Flex 9/29/2018

HCampbell  WB4IVF
HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Since my last update on September 8th, we have begun upgrading all previously shipped customer units, and expect to complete this process by the end of October. 

Each amplifier is being tested at 1,500 Watts key down for 5 minutes on multiple bands prior to shipment with excellent results. This means that you will be able to operate the amplifier at full legal limit even in the most strenuous operating conditions such as FT8 and RTTY contesting, with no power back off.

Ranko and I are very grateful for the hard work of the FlexRadio and SKY SAT (4O3A) development teams, and in particular Graham Haddock (KE9H) and Dan Quigley (N7HQ) for their expertise, contributions and leadership in bringing the Power Genius XL product to market readiness.

As we finalize upgrades of current customer units, we will begin contacting pre-order customers to confirm shipping information and complete payment. 

Thanks again for your patience and confidence. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time if you have questions about PGXL or any other FlexRadio activities.

Gerald Youngblood

CEO

FlexRadio Systems

Comments

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Excellent!  Can't wait for my turn!  Will the antenna tuner be available soon as well?

Thanks for an outstanding company with excellent products and support by the way Mr. Youngblood.  You have really done something tremendous here.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    What is it about Hams, tractors, and snow?
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    edited June 2019

Russ, I’m hoping too that we’ll be getting tuner updates before too long, but I’m sure they’ll take the time for stress testing, on the tuner especially since there is where the rubber hits the road! 

Craig, wish I could put a rig on the Kubota, the roll bar would make a great Tarheel mount, wouldn’t it?  But alas, the Flex is not weatherproof there’s the noise and vibration too.   (-:    What’s the model in the pic?

BTW, I noticed in the 2.4.9 change log that they improved Maestro/M amplifier meter persistence.  That was one of my minor peeves – have to re-select the PG XL meters on the 6600M display every time I turn on the radio.  Haven’t loaded 2.4.9 yet, but if it fixes that it’s a nice improvement! 

Howard

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    It' mostly a 55 Ford. Lots of custom parts.
  • Big Hammer
    Big Hammer Member
    edited December 2018
    Craig:

I love your tractor, this is what I run in the winter, 8-foot wide plow on the front, 8 foot wide broom on the back with steel/nylon brush and Norwegian Ice Chains on all 4 tires.

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Nice. Our snow is usually 2". I just wait a few hours and it melts.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Back to topic. 

Any new News?
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    edited June 2019
    My PG (in the last batch to be recalled) is still in for the 6M fix, so I guess they have not quite completed updating previously shipped units.

Howard
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Staying on Topic.......  Has anyone received their notification that their Amp Shipment Notification?  These would be for orders placed in early 2016 timeframe?  Thanks in advanced

**** - N4RWG
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Nothing heard WB6DJI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.