Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wiring my 6400+Maestro to PC for DX Labs logging software

Joseph Hill
Joseph Hill Member
edited April 2019 in Maestro
What cable do I need from my 6400+Maestro to my PC so that DX Labs Commander and other modules interface with my 6400+Maestro? Is there one commercially available by RT Systems or similar?

Answers

• Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Connect your 6400 to the ethernet LAN to which the computer hosting Commander is connected.

Step-by-step instructions are here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FlexSignature
  • Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi Dave Thank you. Love your software. Joe K4PX
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Happy New Year, Joe!

• K8AC
    K8AC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Joe - I'm a new 6500 owner with Maestro and have used DXLab for years now.  My physical connections look like this: Netgear gigabit ethernet switch on rear of desk.  The 6500, Maestro and PC are all connected to the switch via 3 foot ethernet cables.  The shack is in the basement with "iffy" Wifi connection to the upstairs DSL modem/router, so I ran an ethernet cable from the Netgear switch up to the router.  The Netgear switch is an Amazon item priced around $20. The ethernet cables can be obtained from many sources, including Walmart and Lowes.  With this arrangement, I can connect to the 6500 via Maestro or SmartSDR on the PC without moving cables.  Happy New Year!
  • Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited April 2019
    Floyd...many thanks.  You answered my next question!  So I have ordered the Netgear switch.
    Joe
  • K8AC
    K8AC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Dave - don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll start another.  I'm a bit confused over the big picture of interconnectability of my 6500 with other applications and Commander.  I have everything working fine, but your referenced link above leads me to believe there's a simpler way to do it than what I'm doing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.