Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Trying 60 Meters on 6600 ?

W2ECK
W2ECK Member ✭✭
I am sure this is an old conversation but new for me. Trying to do SSB on the 60M channels but can't get the frequency changes to take effect on my 6600. I type in the dial freq for a channel and hit enter and  it's ignored, radio doesn't change to new frequency. I am in USB mode and on a 60M capable antenna. But ATU & tune buttons are grayed out - so I have something wrong is setup. Can someone set me straight??

Paul
w2eck

Answers

• Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Transmit bandwidth set too wide?
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I have tried reducing the Tx Filter Band width all the way down to 1000 khz and still can't get the SSDR to accept Channels 1,2,4 and 5- it will accept Ch 3. I read the link that kd5foy sent but didn't get anything out of that that solved issue. Would love to hook up with someone who is successfully doing SSB on 60 meters and can show me the error of my ways 

73 Paul
    w2eck
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Instead of typing, use the band-key and switch to 60 meters. Make sure you're
    in USB and either drag the frequency to 5330.5 or Flex control and make sure
    it is on 5330.5 usb. Look at my attached pic. It is doing the tune-up on CH 1.
    My transmit bandwidth is 2800 KHz. The buttons for Tune and ATU are not
    greyed out and neither should yours. The five channels are to the left.

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Jim - that did the trick !!!! - dragging to the appropriate channel frequency - works super. Thank you very much.

Paul
    w2eck
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    That's good. The only thing I can think possibly happened before
    would be leaving out, or incorrectly placing, a decimal.

73, and Have Fun.

Jim N9VC
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Once I figured out 60M I put all 5 frequencies with the correct settings into the memory list. Now I don't have to remember.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Paul wanted a screen shot of my settings so I thought I would post it here also.image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.