Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WiFi vs Cat 5e / 6 Connectivity Maestro

Barry Young
Barry Young Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Maestro
When I connect my Maestro to my 6400 via WiFi, when I record my transmission, on playback it has a tendency to break up (choppiness).  I haven't had any reports of choppiness, or my transmission breaking up during contacts. This is due to packets dropping etc. If I connected my Maestro directly to the router / Gigabyte hub, I assume this would go away?? 

My Maestro is approximately 15 feet from the the wireless router. It registers mostly good and excellent as far as the connection. I do see lost packets...  I think that is typical for networks.

I think I am going to have to connect the Maestro via Cat 5 / directly to the hub / switch...

Thanks!

Answers

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    You are correct
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    That is what I do and have had no problems.  I have a 20ft. run from my modem to my 6500 and also to my Maestro.  Have had no dropouts at all.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    .... but if you buy/use CAT cable, spent 5 cent more and take CAT 6 cable - it's the better one for Ham's and his RF :-)
  • Harald Welscher
    edited December 2019
    Hello give your maestro in your router priority for WiFi, many router can do that in the WiFi settings. That will fix it 73 Harald DJ4HW
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    No matter how close you are to your access point, other signals in the area can interfere with your WiFi. It is always a good idea to do a WiFi survey of your area, then avoid the busy frequencies. Often in busy areas (in North America anyway), 2.4 G is very congested, and 5 G frequencies provide a much better opportunity to avoid competition. WiFi backs off when it detects other signals on a frequency it wants to use.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.