Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dm780 setup

Problem setting up dm780 with ssdr. I keep getting an error message saying can not open my soundcard. Failed initialization.. I have tried various Dax drivers no avail any suggestions? Ghosted ports what do I do here? I am running windows 10 with 2.4.9 ssdr

update i reinstalled DAX drivers according to tims instructions now when the radio starts i get this:

Comments

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Do the DAX drivers work if you use something else like WSJTX or FLdigi ?
  • rgracer
    rgracer Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I am also having a similar problem. The Flex folks referred me here for help. Richard Gracer W6RIG Dec 26, 6:41 PM CST I cannot get the tone output from DM 780 to the DAX TX stream. This works perfectly with JTDX and WSJT. I am using the same sound card output setting for DM 780. When I send the tone to my computer earphones, I hear it fine. PTT works well. Reception is fine using DAX stream 1. CAT and log frequency tracking seems to be working normally. I have read and carefully followed the instructions in the Flex DM 780 how to set up guide. I had some problems with FT 8, until I found that I was sending the output to another DAX transmit channel (? I Q) when I changed it things worked well. I have no idea why DM 780 is not working the same way. I have closed the FT 8 programs and slice master, thinking that they may have interfered with DM 780 sending input into the decks TX stream. There has to be a simple software issue. Any help is appreciated. Otherwise, I am in love with my new Flex 6400 radio. Thank you for any help with this.
  • Tony C kc2dis
    Tony C kc2dis Member
    edited December 2018
    I now have reinstalled and performed Tim‘s instructions for replacement of the drivers now the big problem is an error message that I get when I start the radio saying that the docs drivers are corrupted somehow. I am able to now get a waterfall in HRD deluxe without any errors from that program. I just don’t understand why I am getting the start up error Without any loss of functionality now. I guess the problem really comes down to me not understanding the function of darks completely and the difference between TCP and com ports I am wondering if I should do a complete uninstall and reinstall all of the program to see if that works. Any ideas before I spend two or three hours hacking away at the computer to get it to work properly? I love flex radio systems don’t get me wrong but this is probably the fourth or fifth time I’ve had to do this and it is unfortunate for a radio that cost so much

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.