Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote 'UPDATE' issue

Russ Locke
Russ Locke Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I'm running a 6300 with latest version software 'at home'.  I am now 600 miles from home and when I try to remote, I get a message that I need to 'UPDATE' and that updating remotely is not possible.  I seem to recall I had this same issue once before but was able to get around it some how.  That 'fix' eludes me now (hey, I'm OLD!)

Comments

• David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Could it be that the version running on your (remote) PC does not match the version in the flex 6300?  Try installing another version that matches the one in your Flex Radio.  As far as I recall, more than one can co-exist on your PC..    73
  • Russ Locke
    Russ Locke Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yep, you guessed it!  Suddenly dawned on me shortly after the post.  Sorry for wasted bandwidth!
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    No wasted bandwidth.......that was nearly a QSO!

73 and HNYE
  • ei3gqb
    ei3gqb Member
    edited December 2018
    Remote access your pc from your portable device using Teamviewer..on your pc and your portable device..leave teamviewer running open on your pc and use it on ur portable device to access the settings back home to run updates for your radio etc...great app thats available on windows andriod and im sure iOS too..regards..francis ..ei3gqb..dublin ei..
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Francis I like your suggestion,
    However, you can also setup your computer by going into the Wake on Lan (WOL) To  turn on remotely in your motherboard BIOS. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.