Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digital-Loggers AC relay available???

Are Digital Loggers AC relays still available??? I can't seem to find them on Amazon or the web. I would like to find the one shown below:image

Answers

• Steve Blankinship AG4SO
    Steve Blankinship AG4SO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    not that version however if you go to the manufactures web site on the device you posted, look for IoT Relay for the latest version of this device.
  • Steve Blankinship AG4SO
    Steve Blankinship AG4SO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Sorry forgot to include the link http://www.digital-loggers.com/ac.html

• Keith Hamilton
    edited December 2018
    Thanks Steve but I want to control the Remote ON connector with an AC detecting NO relay. I do not want to go the route of switching on and off the radio PS.
  • W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Keith, this is just what you want and is on the Digital Loggers website as Steve says. You do need to feed it 120 VAC but when you do the relay closes and you get a dry contact closure to bring the Remote On pin to ground. This is how I do it at my station with a Digital Loggers AC power switch.
  • Keith Hamilton
    edited December 2018
    They sell through Amazon, not their website. Amazon has them listed as "unavailable"

I was hoping to find one somewhere else.
  • gonggwi kim
    gonggwi kim Member
    edited December 2019

I use PS and REM ON to connect to 8pin relay
  • W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Try calling them, it can't hurt.

"Order single units on Amazon, or call (408) 330-5599 for quantity discounts, expedited shipping, and international orders."

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I called about the Digital Logger AC Relay and here is the price break down.
    Qty of 1 = $59.00
    Qty of 5 = $49.00
    Qty of 10 = $39.00
    They are available and if I can accumulate an interest of at least 10 I would order them.
    However, I am going on vacation and I will not be returning until 5 of January 2019.
    Drop me a line if interested at w4egathotmaildotcom
  • Keith Hamilton
    edited December 2018
    I called Digital-Loggers today and was told that I could order them directly from them or Amazon should have them back in stock in about a month.

I ordered directly from Digital-Loggers and the cost with shipping from CA to OH was $34.65 for two AC Relays.

N8CEP

• Keith Hamilton
    edited December 2018
    Are we talking about the AC relay or another Digital Loggers product?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited December 2018
    I paid $8.95 each for two when I bought them on Amazon a little over a year ago.

One for remote PTT and one for remote On/Off.

Dave wo2x

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Keith N8CEP,
    Please post the phone number or the name of the store. I need two,   at that price who is going to argue. Unless they are not the same as picture on the beginning of this forum question.
    You posted the original picture.
    W1MD posted the following information  "Digital Loggers AC relays" "Or call (408) 330-5599 for quantity discounts." 
    W4EG: I call that number, and posted the price as quoted.
    All I need is a 110 v coil with two" NO and NC post" to parallel the garage open or close door.  NO I don't want to build it, I want a plug and play. 

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes, I purchased several DL AC Relays at that price ($8.95) last year.

Tim VE6SH
  • W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The AC Relay that Ernest is speaking of is NOT the one that Keith is looking for. Keith wants (and ordered) the $8.95 unit.

DLI doesn't help anyone by calling the two products AC Relays.
  • Keith Hamilton
    edited December 2018
    First I emailed Digital-Loggers at sales@digital-loggers.com. A nice lady named Dainty Gavidia emailed back with info. Then I called her back at   (408) 330-5599 ext 142   and placed my order!

Hope this helps others!

Keith N8CEP
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    I have called them a few times and they are very good.  I asked for a version of their big AC power switch to have some dry contact relays on it which would work for us.

I did open it up and saw they are using a ULN2809 (I hope I remembered that right) to drive the 8 AC device, so I might parallel one of those for a dry contact for remote and PTT.

Mike

• W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Ernest, please look at this Digital Loggers webpage  http://www.digital-loggers.com/ac.html  This is the relay you want, it's $8.95. They quoted you their iOT Relay which is much more money.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Here is an alternative to the Digital Logger at the same price or lower.  It can be operated via wifi and should be able to be controlled via voice commands using Alexa.  You will need to modify it slightly to allow for dry contacts if using it to use the remote port on the Flex.  How about saying "Alexa turn on my Flex" and "Alexa turn off my Flex".

John K3MA

https://www.amazon.com/Sonoff-Electrical-Household-Appliances-Compatible/dp/B078GDFYTY/ref=as_li_ss_...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdfMTlo8hFM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.