Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-3000 firewire cable for Dell Inspiron laptop

Options
KB4BJM
KB4BJM Member
edited December 2018 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios

Thanks in advance for the help. I want to run my Flex-3000 from a Dell Inspiron laptop. The Dell only has 1 HDMI and 2 usb ports. What cable or interface should I use? Thanks..

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    You will need a different laptop, if it has no firewire capability you cannot use it! Sorry
  • Richard Line
    Richard Line Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    You need a port for the 1394 card that accepts the flexwire. When I bought my laptop the model above it was on sale but didn't have the right port for the card. Go to the KE9NS.com website for EVERYTHING Flex.Truly AWESOME site, Darrin and his software renewed my 3G a bunch !
  • rubycon1975
    rubycon1975 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Ignore the nay-sayers :) Many Inspirons have an Expresscard slot and you can get a Firewire card to fit this. Look for one with a Texas Instruments chipset. 
  • Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I bought a laptop on Ebay for my 3000 with a 1394 connection built in for $58.00 Ran like a top..
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.