Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hamvention 2019, Will there be a DX dinner?

david
david Member
I'm looking to see if Flex will have a DX dinner or some other get together for us Flex users.
I'm planning on flying up to Atlanta, and then looking for a ride up to Ohio. I have a place to stay and then a ride back down to Atlanta.
It would be great to have a dinner or just get with other Flex users.
Looking to make my two rig shack into a nice contesting station with my Flex and Icom.
Looking fwd to respires.
David
HC5DX
WB4OZM

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi David,
    They have been having a banquet / get together for the last few years.  The registration usually opens in late January.  Here is an excerpt from LAST year.

Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.4.9
    Win10

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I may go to the Friday night one due to an ARRL event on Thursday.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Can’t wait to finally attend this year! An advantage to living within driving distance now.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Depending upon retirement/home purchase schedules, I may or not make Dayton/Xenia this year. It is too early to know at this point.
  • Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I had the pleasure of being at the dinner two years ago and have kept in touch with most of those at our table. It was a great night and great to meet some of the contributors to this forum. I have already made airline bookings as it is a tad further for us VK's to go to Dayton than you locals. So Doc, if you read this, you will see me next Dayton.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    You will see me, too.  I have enjoyed attending Flex dinners the past two years.  I live a 20 minute drive to the Hamvention and a 20 minute drive to the Miamisburg Flex dinner hotel.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.