Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Squeal in Maestro receive audio

Phil N3ZP
Phil N3ZP Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Maestro
I just got a new 6400 and a Maestro and found an unusual problem with the Maestro. I hear a low level squeal just below the receive audio that does not vary with volume. This occurs with either headphones, internal speaker or external speaker. If I connect the headphones or speaker to the 6400 I don't hear it. The PC, Maestro and 6400 are all connected to a gigabit router. The PC I'm using is a Dell desktop with a I5 processor running Windows 10. In trying to resolve this I found that if I connect the Maestro via Wi-fi it goes away. I would prefer to use the wired connection. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I will experiment with location on the switch and cable routing but not sure what else to try.

Comments

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    How are you powering the Maestro?  Are you using the supplied wallwart, battery, or your own 12v power supply?   I'm curious if the squeal goes away depending on the power used? 

Cal/N3CAL
  • Phil N3ZP
    Phil N3ZP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have the Maestro connected to the same DC supply as the 6400, a Jetstream JTPS28. It's a switching supply. I've used it with a K3 and 6300 for years with no problems. I didn't get a battery for the Maestro yet but will soon.

Thanks,

Phil N3ZP
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    A friend hat a similar issue. It turned out to be caused by no filter bandwidth being selected. It's not clear how it happened that no filter was selected. Once a filter bandwidth was chosen, problem went aeay. 73 Andy KU7T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.