Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I just got m new FLEX-6600, and I am at a lost of why I can't get it in to Transmit.

Julie KC0TMD
Julie KC0TMD Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just got a brand new Flex-6600M Radio. It powers up and I can receive stations fine. I can't seem to get it to transmit. I have set the RF power, and can key the red light when I push my PTT Foot Pedal, but I do not see any transmit single. Do I have to change something in the Mic and TX Profiles, so it will know I am using a Balanced Audio Input for my HEIL PR-40 Mic? Also I need help getting my HF Amplifier set up.

Thank You.

Julie

KC0TMD

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi Julie.  Congratulations on your new 6600.  A few things to check:

* Select the mic input you want on the right side of the screen where it indicates "MIC" with a down arrow.  MIC is your front mic connection, BAL or LINE connections are your rear mic connections. 
    * Make sure you have your Mic and Power levels turned up
    * Ensure your mode is properly set (on Frequency Flag)
    * Set your Antenna selections properly (ANT1, ANT2, etc), also on the Frequency Flag   

• Julie KC0TMD
    Julie KC0TMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Can any one call me at 636-578-1990 to help me get my Mic settings and Amp working with my Radio.

Thank You.

Julie.

KC0TMD.

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I have a 6700 so I’m not totally sure of your rig but before I’d do anything I’d check the TUNE button and slider to see if I had output then the RF slider to see if it is set at zero
  • Julie KC0TMD
    Julie KC0TMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Can someone please call me at 636-578-1990 to help me get my Mic and Amp to work with my Flex-6600M.

Thank You.

Julie.

KC0TMD

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    As KF4HR said, It sounds as if you do not have the balanced input selected.  I'm  using a Maestro to go though the menus, I think the 6600 M in close to what I have. 

On the right side of the front panel press the Mic/Speed knob, this will bring up a menu.  On the left side  of the screen select "BAL".  Next tocuh the Menu  at the meddle top of the screen.  On the left side of that menu touch "Phone/CW'".  In the microphone section select +20 dB (this turns on the mic preamp).  Also select level meter in RX.  touch "EXIT" to go back to the operation screen.  Now in the main screen, Tough one of the meters indicators until you see one with -40 to 0 on the top and the S meter on the bottom.  Speak into the mic, you should see the level indicator vary as you talk.  this tells that you have audio into the radio.   If all of the above condition's are correct you should be able to get RF power out when you key the radio

Hope this helps
    Gayle K0FLY

• Julie KC0TMD
    Julie KC0TMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Gayle, Can you please call me at 636-578-1990.
  • Ralph
    Ralph Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Roger a huge help for me a Flex 3k & 6600M user for 4yrs. I inadvertently bumped my input to Bal and was lost as CW and Tune worked fine. hihi 73 es Tnx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.