Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need US Region Turf Files

Bart Haynes
Bart Haynes Member ✭✭
Purchased used Flex 6500 with ULCK Region and I live in the USA and need Turf Files, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Bart.. as I understand it, you'll need to contact the Help Desk (and open up a ticket) and supply them with radio's serial number.  They should be able to get you a copy of the updated TURF file for your radio.

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Bart - this isn't so much for you but as a a link to help anyone who searches this thread later.

The direct access to the HelpDesk is at https://helpdesk.flexradio.com

Things like TURF Files are best handled there.  The community members won't be able to help much more than point you to the the HelpDesk.  I've never dug into the TURF file situation, but it appears that these files are regionalized and possibly model/serial number specific.  

GL & 73

Steve
    K9ZW
  • K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Doesn't a full reset also reset the TURF file to the default for the rig?  I can't recall for certain, but I thought that was the case when I sold my 6500. 

As others have said, the HelpDesk is your friend. 

Dave
    K3DCW
  • Bart Haynes
    Bart Haynes Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thank you for all your replies, it is greatly appreciated.  I love my Flex, now if I could just find a good deal on a PowerGenius, thanks again gentlemen.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2018
    No, this is one of the few things that a factory reset doesn't touch.  We wouldn't want radios in Germany, for example, suddenly becoming US radios because they factory reset them.  ;)
  • K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I guess that makes sense, but I guess that also means that when I sold my unlocked 6500 and thought that I had reset it, I hadn't.  :(

I'll be more careful about that in the future, not that I plan on ever selling my recently ordered 6700.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.