Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M RMS Express WINMOR TX Problem

Tim N9PUZ
Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
Flex 6400M with V2.4.9.45 software. CAT and DAX installed on Windows 10.

I have been unable to get any RF power out when trying to make WINMOR connection with RMS Express. The radio goes into transmit mode but there is no power out indicated and I do not get a connect.

I am fairly certain the basics are setup correctly. I do not have any trouble using FLDIGI for other digital modes such as RTTY, PSK31, FT8, etc.

Any tips on what to check or links to a tutorial that references the V2.x.x.x software, etc. would be appreciated.

Comments

• N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    These are the settings I use for transmit and receive.
    You say it goes into transmit, but no power output.
    I have been using this for years with my Flex. If after
    you compare and make any changes, please post some
    screen shots as it is hard to guess where your set up
    might have went wrong.

73, Jim N9VC

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tim, Here is my setup and works every time, except I found during the really smoky days here in San Francisco Bay Area, I could not connect.  Looked like lot of charged particles in the smoke which did not allow me to connect.
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tim,  I used Jim N9VC's setup and it works, looks like he posted lot more details follow all the steps and it should work.

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tim, Make sure that DAX on that panel to the right and the one on the flag on the top of the spectral display is highlighted and Blue.  On the DAX panel it should also be Blue, otherwise you will not see the transmit spectral output on the display like I have shown.

• Tim N9PUZ
    Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thank you everyone. The 6400M is working perfectly with Winlink Express now.

I compared my configuration to those posted by Arvind and Jim N9VC. I did not see any difference. I deleted and re-entered every parameter and it is transmitting as expected now. I'm not certain what was different but I imagine it was something I had done incorrectly.

Tim N9PUZ
  • Tim N9PUZ
    Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I'm seeing a new but related problem with Winlink Express when using WINMOR or Ardop and my Flex-6400M.

My PC is running Windows 10 Pro on the same network as the Flex-6400M. Winlink Express is up to date and I'm using the current version of the Flex software.

Recently when I try to connect to a station I see a message on the modem UI that reads "Timeout in T>R latency measurement". When this occurs I can never connect to an RMS.

Anyone have any pointers to what settings effect this? I'm not 100% sure what this refers to although I believe it's related to the time between when Winlink Express tells the radio to transmit and when the Flex-6400 receives the command and goes into TX mode.

Thanks for any insight.

Tim / N9PUZ
  • DON
    DON Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi Tim

I had the same problem in that the radio was keying at the wrong time.
    I found that my Smartcat PTT port RTS and Polarity needed to be set to Low.

Hope this helps.image
  • Tim N9PUZ
    Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    In addition to my Winlink problem I also discovered on SSB that the radio was not transmitting as soon as I pressed the mic button. I was trying to work another station and they could not hear the start of any transmission.

I ended up doing the reset procedure for the radio and now everything seems to be working fine. Some little config file must have gotten buggered up somewhere along the line.

Tim / N9PUZ
  • NT5CC
    NT5CC Member
    A little off topic maybe but I have the same problem. Unfortunately the screen shots are too small to be deciphered. I tried saving them off as a strand alone .jpg then enlarging but all I got was larger fuzzy pictures. Is there a way to directly enlarge embedded photos that I'm missing? I'm using a hi def 22" monitor so the hardware isn't the problem.
  • Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

@NT5CC I think the resolution got lost when they transferred the posts into the new system. I have the same problem with being able to view them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.