Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer and SDR Bridge

W2ECK
W2ECK Member ✭✭
I have CW Skimmer 2.1 & SDR-Bridge 1.6.4 installed and running. Using SSDR v2.4.9. CW Skimmer is showing signals and call signs, so it seems that the setup following NN4ZZ's Quick Start Guide went OK. Except---- the CAT function does not seems to work.  The frequency in the CW Skimmer freq window does not patch the freq in my slice A, nor does it follow freq changes in SSDR or if I click on a signal in Skimmer it does not follow. I tried restarting Skimmer and SDR Bridge in "shaking" the panadapter but no change. Any suggestions

Paul
w2eck

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Paul,
    Take a look at the telnet settings troubleshooting notes on pages 5 & 12 in the guide.  

If that all looks good, you can contract Ed ( SDR-Bridge) from his web page.  

http://www.qrv.com/contact.html

He is also on the community but may not see your post.

Regards,  Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have that problem with my 6700. To fix it I just change the band on the slice for a minute and change it back. Then the freq in Skimmer matches the Slice and will change as the slice changes.
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Al & Pat - thanks for the suggestions. I got it to work. Not sure exactly what fixed it but could be just restarting the programs involved a few times. Al - the guide is very well done.

Paul
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Paul,
    Glad you got it working.  If it happens again and you can reproduce the scenario or fix let me know and I'll add it to the guide. 

Generally the SSDR -> SDR-Bridge -> CW Skimmer setup is reliable but anytime you have multiple programs there is more chance for some hiccups.  I've been using it for years now and no problems but I usually just have one instance of skimmer running and only operate CW so my setup is static.   

The Windows10 updates can add to the issues as well.

Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.4.9
    Win10

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Al - understand - thanks for the additional information

Paul
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Paul, I have had much better luck using Slice-Master to open/setup and synch CWskimmer.

https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000

73, Dennis, k0eoo

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.