Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When DAX is enabled, then VOX does not work from microphone

AB4EJ
AB4EJ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I like to use SSTV, and interleave conversation with sending images. Recently, a problem has arisen: when DAX is enabled, then VOX does not work with the microphone. This is something new; in the past I was able to use DAX and VOX concurrently; now I have to manually switch DAX on and off when sending an image. Is this a "feature" or a bug, or simply a wrong setting somewhere?

Comments

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    came with the latest update. Flex is aware of it and will be fixed hopefully next firmware update. 
  • Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    This appears to be the same issue I reported in https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/switching-between-digital-audio-source-and-voice-au...  At least for me, the work around this weekend for SS Phone will be to roll back to SSDR 2.3.9.

Tim K9WX

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You can connect a footswitch to PTT jack on back of radio.  That will enable you MIC input without needing to switch DAX on and off.
  • AB4EJ
    AB4EJ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I guess that's what I will do also, as I am planning to work SS and using a switch for this is just too much to do in the heat of battle, at least for me.
  • HB9EYP
    HB9EYP Member
    edited April 2019
    With this bug I lost time setting N1MM+ voice keying and it is very inconvenient to use a footswitch. I loved the VOX only and it does not stop the N1MM+ voice keying, I have to press ESC on the keyboard to stop the N1MM+ voice keying, press the footswitch.... very inconvenient.
    Hope Flex will fix that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.