Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

(Memory Channels) last few digits of frequency changing.

AA0KM
AA0KM Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I noticed my channel list a lot of them have 1 at the end  or .999.
I have  cold rebooted and restarted every thing they come back.
Some frequencies are rounded off numbers as well, like 14,299.000 instead of like 14.300 or
a bunch of them similar rounding 14.299.001,or  14.164.999
When I clicked to use them they where not 14,299.000 it would be right on 14,300.000 on the flagpole/slice.

I spent like 30 minutes to correct this and they came back.

A while back I did the calibration on the radio against wwv wondering if that did it the ppm did change some.

Where is this coming from? I don't use memories a whole lot but just went through and corrected all of them for them to come back oddly again.
I never seen this before.
 73 Jeff.

Ideas? reset time?
Afraid to re-import saved files it may do it again.

VERSION 2.4.9

Comments

• Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited January 2019
    Have the same problem here with 2.4.9, did a full reset and imported the memories again with the same errors showing. The memories were saved with the previous version and worked fine.
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Flex...Please tell us how the memories work internal so we can understand this.
  • Dennis Terry W4SG
    Dennis Terry W4SG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    If I were to guess, they save the frequencies as a floating point number and the conversion(s) are imprecise.  Sounds like this "feature" is new with 2.4.9.
    Just my $0.02.
    W4SG

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

Thanks for the replies. I will wait it out and see what happens in the next version.

Glad to know I was not the only one having this issue.

• Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have this issue with the current V3.1.8.145 and VHF/UHF frequencies. Not fixed yet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.