Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Pretty impressive results using WNB on 160M

Made a quick video of some impressive results using the WNB and NR on 160M, radio is a Flex 6600 and antenna is a 250ft Beverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_LUmQiu3VM

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    NICE DEMO, Thanks!!!!
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Mauro Sounds great. My 6600 has not been able to function like that at all. I have to try on SSB and duplicate your settings. I have some investigating to do. Thanks for the video. Is there anything you have found that gets it to work so well. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Welcome to my world :-)

I find the WNB works great for power line noise that comes and goes. On 40 meters I have seen almost 30 dB drop in noise floor at times. Makes the difference in closed band vs working people.

I have a few videos on YouTube.

Dave wo2x

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    If the Flex didn't have the WNB, the low bands would almost be impossible to work in my area.  I have tons of power line noise and the WNB does a great job.
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I guess mine doesn’t work because I have no power line noise. Just wall warts☹️ W9JJB
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Can't you use Compound W?

Oh sorry, wrong type of warts :-)

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.