Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10 Activation Servers - Problem

Lionel
Lionel Member ✭✭✭
I'd much rather operate my 6400 than be an IT guy, but......

W10 Pro - 1803 deactivated this morning.  As I fired up the 6400 to make a few contacts I saw the MS warning in the lower RH corner of the desktop.  Just before doing a reinstall I saw today's report that MS acknowledges that their servers inadvertently deactivated W10 products that were installed via the free upgrade path from W8.  My W10 is authentic and was still deactivated. 

Just a heads before you waste time trying to sort out why your legal version of W10 seems to now be fake.  Just go make some contacts and ignore MS for a few days, W10 will still work okay. They say they'll fix the problem.................

Comments

• N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Right and this only applies to the Windows 10 Pro version the Home version is not affected.

A bug in what appears to be the Microsoft Windows activation service is causing Windows 10 Pro licenses to be downgraded to Windows 10 Home and then stating that Windows is not activated.

This bug appears to be widespread with many users reporting that Windows is stating that their license is not activated and prompting the user to troubleshoot the problems.

Windows 10 Pro not activatedWindows 10 Pro not activated
    We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license of product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004C003  If you're having problems with activation, select Troubleshoot to try to fix the problem.

When users perform the Troubleshoot option, Windows is stating that "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro."

Troubleshooting CompletedTroubleshooting Completed

According to posts about this bug on Reddit and the Microsoft forums, someone had contacted Microsoft via their support chat and was told that Microsoft is aware and are working on the bug. 

"Microsoft has just released an Emerging issue announcement about current activation issue related to Pro edition recently. This happens in Japan, Korea, American and many other countries.I am very sorry to inform you that there is a temporary issue with Microsoft's activation server at the moment and some customers might experience this issue where Windows is displayed as not activated. 

Our engineers are working tirelessly to resolve this issue and it is expected to be corrected within one to two business days " 
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yep, this is it in a large nutshell.   W still works but you won't get any updates.    Hmmm maybe a good thing.
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I just rolled it back a couple of days using the restore points dialog and it came back up just fine, no more " can't activate win 10 Pro you have a product key but it's for win10 pro N....which is European version...made me wonder as well...but in the end the restore point roll back did a real good job for me.
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    You don't need to roll back, Microsoft's activation servers are now active again
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Microsoft has a procedure for getting the digital license for your Win10 Pro version. You will need to log into your Microsoft outlook account when you login to Windows, it might take several hours to a couple of days, but eventually your computer will be digitally licensed with MS, and your computer will show as activated in the Activation window under settings. This way you will be able to get future updates from MS . There is a detail description in the Microsoft Windows Support . Days of the license key string replaced with digital license. Good luck. 73 Dudley WA5QPZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.