Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice-Master and Kaspersky software resource issues?

William Osborne
William Osborne Member ✭✭
I have a 6600M I am using with a Dell 8930 i7 gen-8 machine. Running Kaspersky  with Slice-Master consumes 30-35% of this processor which seems very excessive. I exempted SM and CW Skimmer from Kaspersky monitoring and the usage drops to 14-15%.    Anyone else seeing issues with Kaspersky and Slice-Master (0.10.5e) and SmartSDR 2.4.9?

Answers

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    The Russian's are taking over your computer?? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I saw the same with Norton and DxLab. Seems like the patterns of hamradio telnet connections and traffic look really suspicious to the AV programs... 73, Andy KU7T
  • William Osborne
    edited November 2018
    I knew someone would say this, but my wife beat you to it!
  • William Osborne
    edited November 2018
    Andy how did you fix your issue?
    Bill
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    This is common with many anti-virus / firewall programs as they may try to filter each and every packet going to and from the computer.  Best to exempt the program in the anti-virus program.  
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I excluded all ham radio applications. Suddenly everything runs much faster.  I excluded:

N1MM+ app folder
    N1MM+ doc folder
    GHE server folder
    GHE client folder
    DXLab folder
    SliceMaster folder
    RBN aggregator folder
    CW skimmer folder

Andy
    KU7T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.