Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wsjt setup

DonE
DonE Member ✭✭
I get a Hamlib error when i test CAT what have i got set up wrong. In screen wsjt under the radio tab it will not let me input anything on the serial port or baud rate and nothing below. I am following Tim's " configuring wsjt-x and Smartsdr for windows

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Check out this thread https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/i-am-trying-to-get-my-new-6600-working-with-wsjt-x-rx-works-cat-doest?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all While it is for an older version WSJT-X, the setup is the same. Use TCP instead of serial. Also use WSJT-X 1.9.1 until 2.0 is released. Dave wo2x
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    David i did everything i think i get receive but i see no transmit gain . when i tune in wsjt it does not show in the 6400 power out , what am i missing?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited November 2018
    Does it key the radio? 

Make sure you use DigiU and in the Phone panel on right side make sure DAX is enabled. Also in DAX control panel make sure TX Stream is enabled.

Are you running Windows 10? You might suffer from corrupted DAX drivers. Search on here for a post from Neal Campbell on how to straighten that out.

Dave wo2x

• DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    it does not key the 6400, in the dax control panel TX is blue but never turn to red when i tune, how do you transmit ?
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Dave it does key the radio .
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited November 2018
    Did you follow the screenshots in the link I sent? Are you using WSJT-X 1.9.1? Also does WSJt-X show radio frequency.? Make sure you choose CAT and Fake It
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi,

Here is my setup for WSJT. My TX button in DAX does not
    turn blue when I transmit. All that shows is it is
    streaming the audio. Call CQ. Try to transmit and if you
    see the red line showing output level in the DAX TX. Go
    into transmit by hitting the MOX button on the radio or
    in the SmartSDR panel. If you then are putting out RF,
    it means only the program is not keying the radio.

Below are my screens, your port numbers might be different,
    but one should be your PTT port. You would find the port
    numbers in your control panel.

My ports are COM 4 and COM 5. Com 5 in cat panel is set up
    as the PTT port. Again your port numbers could be different.

73, Jim N9VC

• DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Dave and Jim found my problem i had the audio output set wrong . thanks for your help
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited November 2018
    Excellent! Dave wo2x
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Dave i know this sounds dumb but how do i key the 6400 in ft8 is it from wsjt screen?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited November 2018
    I suggest you review this page, including how to make your first contacr. This covers everything you need to know. https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-1.9.1.html Make sure your PC time is accurate. There are a few free programs that can keep the PC time accurate. I use a commercial package called Present Tense. Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.