Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Thank you Tim!

JohnSweeney
JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I opened a ticket regarding the use of the REM ON jack.   Within a couple hours I had a complete and thorough reply from Tim.  Not many places will respond so quickly and thoroughly.  Thank you Tim!  I asked if I was doing any harm by grounding the REM ON jack continuously and simply turning the 12V supply on and off to remotely control the radio.  Tim said no problem.  Just for fun, I timed my boot up time with the REM ON jack shorted and not shorted.  Exact same boot up time - 54 seconds.  This saves adding a remote relay to control the REM ON jack.

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Another advantage is that I have found sometimes I lose my ability to communicate with Smartlink and by powering off the rig and back on again solves the problem. Not sure why. Perhaps this kills two birds with one stone.

Jim, K6QE
  • Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    In my remote base situation, I turn the power supply off and on with a remote IP switch. I have to do this every week or so when my radio 'disappears'.  I recently had a situation where the remote IP switch was unreachable so I couldn't reboot the radio.  I was able to get someone to cycle the main breaker to the shack (often not possible since my shack is hard to get to in the winter) and everything came back up normally.  I'm going to add a 'remote on' switch as a layer of redundancy for rebooting the radio. 
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Tim is the best customer advocate I have ever met. He honestly believes that is his job and works so hard to deliver.

Thanks Tim for such great service to our community!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.