Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RadioSetup Settings , How do I save ?

Ed N5DG
Ed N5DG Member
Flex 6600 , I am trying to change some settings in  the radiosetup panel. Specifically saving setting the RCA TX to enable and the TX Delay to 0  ! I've saved these in my Global Profile and TX Profile but when I return to the saved profiles the radio setup panel does not save the RCA TX and TX Delay ... go's back to old settings 

Thanks Ed

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Ed
    Read this thread just in case any of it is applicable.
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/radiosetup-settings-stored-in-profiles 

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Ed N5DG
    Ed N5DG Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi Jay , tnx reply . I read that thread before asking on the Community . Did I miss something in that thread ? My post tells that I saved the Radio setting in my Global Profile and TX Profile. After I saved the profiles I have tried rebooting the computer but the changes I made were not saved !  How do people that don't use profiles change settings in Radio Setup ? Why is their no save tab in Radio Setup ? 
    Ed 

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Ed

Radio Setup, settings are saved as they are changed, so a save button isn't necessary.

I might be able to help you fix the profile problem in a TeamViewer session, if you join the #Flexradio IRC channel, we can set that up. Just click the link for the channel in my signature. 

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ed, copied from this thread:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/tx-delay-persistence-lack-of?topic-reply-list%5Bset...

Official Response

My amp likes 25ms.

Open the radio setup "TX" tab

Use the drop down menu to select the mode you want to change delay on.

Enter 30 (whatever delay you need) in the tx delay box, hit enter, leave the radio setup window open.

There should be a * before the mode you just changed.

Open the profile manager, save the transmit profile you just changed, the * goes away and the tx delay should hold where you set it.

73, Tom N5MOA

• Ed N5DG
    Ed N5DG Member
    edited October 2018
    Tom , Thank you sir . That was so simple . every think is simple if you know how 
  • Ed N5DG
    Ed N5DG Member
    edited October 2018
    Tom , one more question please . In radio setup / TX / TX Delay ... What is the delay in MS ? you have yours set to 25 . Does this mean the amp will key 25 MS after i tap the paddle ? Or is the 25 MS the delay the the Flex 6600 keys after the Amp Using the Expert 2kfa with QSK 
    Thanks Ed
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Morning, Ed.

What Paul said. On my AL80B,  25ms was enough to close the amp relay before RF hit it. I didn't see a need to change it for my OM 2000+.
  • Ed N5DG
    Ed N5DG Member
    edited October 2018
    Paul  Tom , Thank you . I understand how this work now . I'm thinking 10MS should do it to be safe 
    Ed N5DG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.