Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Noisy CW an Maestro

Marek
Marek Member
edited April 2020 in Maestro
I am using Flex6600 with Maestro (software 2.4.9).
The CW signals on the headphones, via LINE OUT and PWR SPKR are slightly noisy, as 600 Hz tones are noise modulated.
Can I hear the same signal through DAX on the PC, this noise is not audible.
Is that the hardware of the Maestro or can be improved with the software?

Answers

• W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited October 2018
    I have the same issue on my Maestro on cw.  I've just cranked the AGCT down for a solution.  Probably just network background noise. 
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    It could be the result of a ground loop issue too. Single point grounding all the equipment including PC's might fix it. But that may not be possible with the Maestro so look everywhere else.  

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Paul G4AFU
    Paul G4AFU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I've found that the backlight for the controls(MOX,TUNE,ATU etc.) from the Maestro is introducing noise into the cw audio chain. If you go to the menu and reduce to minimum or turn off the backlight it seems to cure it. 
  • Paul G4AFU
    Paul G4AFU Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Addendum.....This is not the same as the distorted audio when listening to cw on phones.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.