Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Demo for Civil Defense with Winlink

Tom Worthington
Tom Worthington Member ✭✭
I set up my Flex 6600M at the Maui County emergency operations center to demonstrate its capabilities during the Hawaii Simulated Emergency Test.  I was able to monitor SSB on three bands simultaneously (80, 60 and 40m) and support a Winlink peer-to-peer mailbox.  I had the Winlink system connected to slice A and whenever someone tried to link it stole the Tx from any of the other slices which interrupted any conversations I was having at the time, but it was great to be able to support calls on multiple bands, support digital message handling and monitor activity from other islands on nearby frequencies all on one radio.  We were able to demonstrate Winlink p2p which allows other hams to leave messages for, or receive any messages left for them by Civil Defense, even if an operator is not at the radio.  I hope we convinced them to buy a new radio.  Has anyone tried to run multiple instances of Winlink to support more than one band?  73 and Aloha, Tom, NH6Y

Comments

• WQ2H - Jim Poulette
    edited March 2020
    Hi Tim - Great post, I've monitored several bands for P2P calls as well for our quarterly exercises in NH. When the exercise is not running I keep an 80m Trimode running a DR-7800 and ARDOP also. (6600m also)

I finally got a "hot" new computer, so In the next few months I hope to experiment with "multiple instances" (Trimode and several RMS Express instances) each with it's own panadapter. Not exactly sure how it will react if two or three contacts are made on different bands and all attempt to answer (low probability possibly). But, I am looking forward to finding out. Keep in touch!

Jim, WQ2H
    NH ARRL OES

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.