Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Zimbabwe Turf File

G4NRT
G4NRT Member ✭✭
I've just bought a second FlexRadio transceiver. This one is a 6300 which will supplement my 6700 except that I intend to operate it from Zimbabwe as Z21NRT. I think it may well be the first such rig in Zimbabwe! Do I need a new TURF file or should I just carry on using the one that came with it from the UK? If I need a new one, what do I need to do? Just open a ticket? David G4NRT / Z21NRT

Answers

• Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hello David,
    Just follow local regulations in relation to frequencies on which amateurs in Zimbabwe are permitted to operate. Compare them with these which apply to UK operators. If there are significant differences, contact Flex and request a TURF file . There may be a TURF file valid for several countries, including Zimbabwe, or for a region, like region 06 ( Europe) in my case. Please note that you need to provide your radio's serial number as TURF files contain a unique equipment serial number. To find the serial number open SSDR , select SETTINGS then select RADIO SETUP and you will see the serial number. If there are significant frequency differences  for UK and Zimbabwe you may need to delete new TURF files after returning to UK.

Good luck with your Zimbabwe expedition and see you on (lower ) bands !

Tom, SP7WT
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Tom. The rig will be staying in Zimbabwe. We have our second home there. I've been using an IC-7100 until now but I've hit a 65' mast and tri-bander down there now (they need to be erected!) so.with the Flex il have a good station to play with when I'm there! I'll check my Zimbabwe license and probably get a new TURF file to make sure I'm 100% compliant. David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.