Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 RCA Tx 1 reset on opening by DDUTIl V3

Dave - G3SBP
Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
Flex-6700. Use DDUTIL V3 to run HRD Logbook which until recently worked perfectly. Now each time I restart I have to manually go to FLEX/Settings/Radio Setup/Tx and ENABLE RCA TX 1 to be able to key the amplifier.  Something has changed in the last few months. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Persistance comes to mind, your selection is not being remembered.
    You can save all profiles and do a factory reset, this clears the persitance data base.
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    See this post:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/ddutil-tx-1-4-inhibit

The information contained therein will resolve your problem.  DDUtil has to be told to enable the transmit outputs, which, by default, it turns off.  It's basically a configuration issue with DDUtil.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Sorry my mstake, it is a ddutil problem not a Flex problem
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    In DDUtil, make sure you have OPER selected on main screen. This will keep TX 1 activated. 
    The idea is coupled to DDUtil's Auto Drive, so toggling DDUtil between operate and standby toggles the amp keying line and also can be used to set power out per band when amp is in operate and when running barefoot.

More info at http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=AutoDrive 

Dave wo2x

• Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Bill, Greg and Dave for your suggestions. I use an Acom 600S Amplifier which is controlled by the USB output for band switching and the PTT to transmit from the Flex-6700. DDUTil is only for HRD Logbook and does not in "theory" control the Amplifier. However as soon as I run DDUTil, RCA TX 1 reverts to Disabled.
    I have tried your suggestions by modifying settings in AutoDrive on DDUTil but they make no difference.  With the arrangement above would DDUTil have any affect on RCA TX outputs?
    Many thanks
    Dave. G3SBP.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    Try uncheck amp follows DDUtil in Auto Drive. Also you can try disabling Auto Drive. Dave wo2x
  • Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes, tried both of those Dave, doesn't make a difference. I don't understand why DDUTil would have any influence when nothing checked in Auto Drive or Amps!
    Only checks I have in DDUTil is Radio Select/Signature and HRD Apps 6.1.
    Dave. G3SBP
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    I am a member of the DDUtil user group. Let me reach out to the author. Dave wo2x
  • Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Dave that would be much appreciated as stuck otherwise!

Dave G3SBP
  • Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Gentlemen after many attempts I have got it working again by basically following David and Gregs suggestion but still fail to see why DDUTils should have any effect on the Flex. Now that's working after updating HRD Logbook JTAlert can no longer write to my log....
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited October 2018
    What version JT Alert? Make sure you have latest for hamapps.com DDUtil has ability to toggle TX1 line on and off following status of DDUtils Operate/Standby button. Check out the DDUtil WiKi page for information on each selection in the setup. Dave wo2x
  • Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    JTAlert 2.12.6 which is the latest.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited October 2018
    I’ll do some screenshots of my settings in the morning and post them here. Been using latest HRD, WSJT-x and JTAlert without issue. If you would like i can do a TeamViewer session with you if the screenshots do not resolve it. You can reach me direct at my call at arrl dot net Dave wo2x
  • Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Dave, this morning on opening JTAlert I got the following message:-

ERROR opening TCP/IP port.  Port may be used by other applications.
    Go to Communication/TCP Server Setup and set other IP ports.

Not sure where one finds Communication/TCP Server?

Many thanks for your help

Dave. G3SBP.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited October 2018
    Hi Dave,

Check these settings:

In JTAlert-X go to settings/Manage Settings/Logging/HRDV5V6
    Choose V6.3 or later and in Log Name use the pulldown to select your logbook name.
    Click Save and OK.

In HRD Logbook go to Tools/Configure/Network Server.
    Make sure AutoStart is checked and port is 7825. Database should match what you set in JTAlert-X logging setting.

Last, check your PC firewall. Both JTAlert-X and HRD Logbook should not be blocked for local/private network.

Below are screenshots of my settings.

Dave wo2x

• Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Dave, many many thanks for your suggestions. I have exactly the same as you but then thought about the Bullguard Firewall.  Turned it off and logging worked okay but couldn't see anywhere in the log that that had stopped the process but turned it back on and now working okay! Will do another check tomorrow when I re-boot the system from scratch.  In the meantime thanks again, its so good to have someone else suggest a check list as you!
    Best wishes

Dave G3SBP.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited October 2018
    Great! Glad to help.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.