Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

receive band width changing all by itself

Stephen Hawkins NG0G
Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
I was in a pileup yesterday and little windows kept popping up on the screen of my 6400M, as if I was changing the bandwidth with the low shift.  Except I was not touching anything but my paddles.  Eventually the receive bandwidth was too small to use.  I had to reload my profile to get it to stop and get things back like I wanted them.  Any ideas why this happened?  Is this a bug, or do I have some setting wrong?  Or as Dr. Alfred Lanning once said, " There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code, that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols."

Answers

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I see no one has responded to you yet,  but try a complete power down of the radio ,  in otherwords a cold boot of the radio by removal of the DC power to the radio for 20 or 30 seconds,  then restart.   if it still occurs,  it could be an encoder issue with the front panel,  just keep an eye on it . 

Dudley
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Can RF be ingressing in?
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have had this radio for months with no problems.  I don't think I have any RF in the shack problems.  The radio has only done this once and I have used it a bunch since then.  I was just astonished when it started making bandwidth changes all by itself.  I'll keep an eye on it, if it happened again I'll try to experiement and see if I can figure out what it causing it.  The power is removed from the radio every time I turn it off.  I power down the radio, and when it is done I power off it's power supply.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.