Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600: Power Button Flashes Red Once

Greg Evans
Greg Evans Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have come home several times over the past month to find my button flashing red, but I turn the Flex on and things seemed to be ok.  Until tonight.  If I start the radio up, it'll run for about 5 minutes and then power down and start flashing the power button red (one pulse).  It does not appear the fan is spinning.  

Is this an issue that I need to send the unit in, or is there a DIY fix?

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    That is a fan problem, Best to start a help ticket tonight so they can contact you tomorrow.They will help sort it out and will tell you what can be done. Are you ok with replacing the fan yourself?
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Greg, I had the same issue a couple of months ago. My fan had a bad bearing and was not spinning fast enough. I contacted Flex support and I replaced the fan myself with permission from Flex.  It's easy to do and takes about one hour if you take your time.  The only tools required are a #8 Torx driver and Phillips screwdriver.  You can pick up a Torx driver set at Lowes.  Contact Flex support first.  -Joe N3HEE
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I like the idea that Flex will allow these types of repairs by the individual and it does not affect warranty coverage. This was the case of the Heat Sink issue... Flex understands that the VAST MAJORITY of Ham radio operators have done a lot of things related to Home Brew projects, Antenna Work, Power distribution work and even many of us who have Built HeathKits over the years!!! So replacing a fan is something most of us can do... For those who may have a disability that might prevent them from doing this, well Flex is their to take care of the problem!!

Robert

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.