Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro freezes loading software

Options
johna8119
johna8119 Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
I have been able to run SmartLink with this Maestro a couple of times.  The Maestro is running v2.3.9.  I have been able to use the Maestro to control my Flex-6400 remotely using a wifi connection outside my LAN.
Today, however, I haven't been able to connect (of course, now I'm 700 miles from the radio).  After signing in to SmartLink, the Maestro finds the 6400, and after I select it, I am prompted to run the version mentioned above.  After about 30 seconds, I get the screen shown below.image
When I press OK, the Loading... screen appears and never goes away until I turn off the Maestro using the power button.  This happens both when I choose "Run" and when I choose the low bandwidth selection.

Any suggestions about how to cure this?

Thanks and 73
John
W4KV

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Open a Help Desk ticket.

In the meantime make sure you are using the supplied power adapter or 12 volts DC via the power cable that came with the Flex. Also make sure the power connector is plugged in :-)

Try holding the power button on the Maestro. The screen will pop up to slide to shut down. Continue holding the power button until the screen goes dark and button LEDS go out. This is a cold shutdown. Then try and restart.

If it still does not work, revert to my first suggestion of opening a Help Desk ticket.

Dave wo2x

• johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Thanks.  Tried it.  No joy.
    Opened a ticket.
    The weird thing is that the Maestro connected, and I could operate just 2 days ago.
  • johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I opened a ticket and Tim suggested that one of the cables might have become disconnected.  He gave me permission to open the case, and when I did, none of the cables seemed to be out of place.  I jiggled all the cable connectors and reattached the back of the case.

Powered up successively with the 12 v power supply and a 5 v battery.  Both worked without a hitch.

I must have slightly moved a connector either in transit or when inserting or removing the 5 v battery.

At any rate, problem solved.

John
    W4KV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.