Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microphone Recommendation

2»

Answers

• Manfred HB9FLU
    Manfred HB9FLU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    The microphone with the best response by others and myself is the Sennheiser E945.

It delivers a crista clear and warm sound in one. Best buy so far.

73 de Manfred
  • Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Behringer B1  ($99)  Behringer Mike Preamp for phantom power ($40)..You will be a Happy Camper. 73's
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited September 2018
    Ken,

Thanks for the instant reply. I've done some additional experimenting and your suspicion about the levels was correct. It takes some experimenting with the mic level in the PC as well as the level in SmartSDR to get to workable settings.

I've also discovered that turning on the Processor immediately brings up the noise, I'm guessing it's raising the gain and picking up the ambient noise. As you indicated, the Downward expander is automatically disabled when the Mic source is PC so maybe it prevents this sort of thing when using a "local" mic.

I'm working on a Mac-based SmartSDR-like app and your techniques allowed me to prove that my Opus Tx implementation is working. Thanks again for sharing your technique, it was very helpful.

73's - Doug
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the positive feedback.  
    Indeed, when working with a local mic connection, the DEXP, when carefully adjusted, is very effective in limiting the background noise.  I use it all the time in my shack.

Good luck in your programming.  I long to learn C# and do some myself ... after I retire.....

Ken - NM9P
  • Runamuk52
    Runamuk52 Member, Unconfirmed
    > @RFord said:
    > Al I have used the PR-781 with the Flex 6300 (with the on board EQ) and received excellent reports.  Currently I use the RE-20 connected to a Symetrix 528E for voice processing.  I have been very pleased with the results...
    >
    > 73
    > Ronald

Ronald, what cable did you use to connect the PR-781 to the Radio, I Have a 781 and 6400 and looking to use that mic for the radio.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.