Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex community login problem solved

Stephen Hawkins NG0G
Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Power Genius XL Amplifier
Difficulties logging in to the Flex community and to open or look at trouble tickets.   I have had  problems logging in both to the Flex community and to open or look at a trouble ticket.  Things worked as the should occasionally but mostly not.  I login and I get a message telling me I am successfully logged in.  But the word "login" at the top does not change to my login name and if I try to do anything that requires me to be logged in I can't.  I will get a message telling me to login, even though the website told me I had logged in successfully not 1 minute before.   This happens with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.  And with Linux and OS-X, and with three different kinds of computers.  I have been given all kinds of advise mostly telling me that my web browser was blocking cookies, which it was not.  This was extremely frustrating.  

This morning I discovered that the fix is to **** away all the cookies that get planted every time I do login successfully, and that are still there when I log out.  As soon as I get rid of everything, I can login successfully and everything works as it is supposed to.   I am posting this in case anyone else has had this same problem.

Answers

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Stephen -- thank you--thank you--thank you.
    Works for me also.

Roy - W5TKZ
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Had the same problem with the Flex Community about a month ago. Did the same as you and deleted cookies. Login has remained good since then. I had tried clearing the Safari cache, but it took the cookies deletion to do the trick!
  • Dave - N6XVZ
    Dave - N6XVZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Sadly this isn't working for Chrome.  I appear to login successfully but never changes up top to my name/graphic.  I clearly am not logged in. I've cleared all cookes, cleared history, restarted Chrome and dead-end.  Now logged in with IE... 

It seems to keep recurring with this site and now I can't overcome it.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I, too, have the same issue with Chrome - but on a Mac. Never successfully login.
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited November 2018
    I uncovered an additional twist to this.   This morning I had to leave the Flex site so that no tab was open to flex.  Then **** away all the cookies and the history.  Then shutdown the browser (Safari) then start back up clean and login was successful. 
  • Dave - N6XVZ
    Dave - N6XVZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I tried Stephen's appoach (on Chrome) but it didn't work.  I also have a session that IS working via iPad/Safari.  I tried logging out of iPad/Safari and logging in on PC/Chrome but no luck.

So I went sniffing in Chrome about chookies.  I seem to have solve my broken Chrome browser login by ENABLING third party cookies....

Settings -> Content Settings -> Cookies
                   Make sure this is TURNED OFF: Block third-party cookies

I enabled Third Party Cookies and voila cookies from getsatisfaction start showing up and I log in.

Good luck!
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Test. I messed with cookies. test for firefox
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Looks like it worked this time.  Firefox worked for several years.  about two months ago it stopped.

Thanks for the hint.

Gayle

• Allen K4VA
    Allen K4VA Member
    edited February 2019
    Thank you for posting this. I had tried everything else that I knew to, including a specific allowance for this URL, without result.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Allowing third party cookies opens you up for even more tracking than websites already do :-( I really hate these sites that use cookies from everywhere and have page components from multiple sites. My browser settings (and add-ons) prevent a site from loading active content and when a site loads up ad content from a dozen other domains, I get really annoyed (besides having to wait and wait for the page load), and usually just abandon the site. I really wish Flex would just use a straight bulletin board with topics.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes, I also vote for something else. I had to disable AdBlock Pro, Ghostery, and Noscript, then open all the settings on my browser. to allow cookies. 

Knowing a little bit about this here internetz, if you cannot access a site
    unless you turn everything off and expose your computer to the world, there is a very very good reason that they need blocked. My only savings grace is that I'm on my travel computer, which has no financial data on it.
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited February 2019
    I agree.  I have one browser and one computer that is only used for the Flex site.   All my other computers are locked down pretty tight.  I  never go anywhere else with that browser or that computer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.