Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Strange RX behaviour on slice 1 only my Flex-6400

Jeff | VA2SS
Jeff | VA2SS Member
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Hi to all, I am a new user and owner since last May of a FLEX-6400 and Maestro. I having a strange behaviour here with my Flex-6400... seems to be on 20m only. On 20m band slice 1, I have a strong AM broadcast station just below 20m that seems to have some bad side effects on my reception. But if I turn on slice 2, I cannot reproduce or even see the same strange behaviour. My question is, should I see the same strange reception behaviour on both slices ??? See picture... image Thanks for your help. 73 de Jeff | VA2SS

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    do you have the Pre-AMP on, Pre-AMP's on the lower HF bands actually make things worse and cause overload AND are NOT required at all and shouldn't be used. 
    Just something simple to look at.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Are you using the same settings, receive bandwidths, same antenna, same pre-amp levels etc.
    I a have issues with 5th harmonic here with an AM station across the street about 700 feet or so across the street, and see same on both receivers if there set the same they look identical
  • Jeff | VA2SS
    Jeff | VA2SS Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes, I’m know. But even with the RF gain set at -8dB.... still have the same issue on slice 1 only. 73 de Jeff | VA2SS
  • Jeff | VA2SS
    Jeff | VA2SS Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes, both are identical.... as far as I can check my settings.
  • Jeff | VA2SS
    Jeff | VA2SS Member
    edited August 2019
    I found the culprit setting..... If I activate WNB.... even at the lowest value, the behaviour starts.... I can reproduce on both time slots.
  • Jeff | VA2SS
    Jeff | VA2SS Member
    edited August 2019
    Now, even with the RF gain set at maximum, this strange behaviour canot be reproduce. So this is related when using WNB, even at the lowest value.
  • Jeff | VA2SS
    Jeff | VA2SS Member
    edited April 2020
    So, WNB for on 20m seems to be useless for me. Anybody else could try the same RF test ??
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    WNB works great on 20m on my 6400. But, you need wide band noise for it to do anything. There are some good posts on this in the community.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.