Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Are TX 1,2,3 tied together so that they all key no matter the antenna????

W2PP
W2PP Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
The problem here is, I have an SPE 2KFA, the amp can handle two inputs.  But, it seems that what is going on here is that the two PTT lines, tx 1 and 2 are both keying thus the amp defaults to input one instead of 2.  If I unhook the PTT to input 1 of the amp then things on ant 2 work fine, that is, the output of ant 2 on the 6700 goes into the amp properly.  The moment I hook a PTT line to both tx1 and tx2 then input 1 and input 2 on the amp the amp will only accept RF from port one input not port two.  I think what is happening is what I just said, that the amp defaults to input 1 when both input 1 and 2 are triggered together, and that is happening because the tx1 and tx 2 lines are both keying.  

What would be the purpose of having three PTT lines if they all key together/???????

I sincerely hope this is operator error.  If not then how on earth can you have two amps hooked up they'd both key together?????

Peter
W2PP

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    You can set a TX profile with each one enabled. Under settings, enable/disable each one, then save it as a TX profile. 
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    OK, let me clarify, then I cannot change from say slice A to B without changing transmit profiles???
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You can setup the radio to automatically do that - assign a TX profile to a panadapter. It's how you do SO2R. 
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I can see that does work. I disabled one then the other.  But good grief, There has got to be a way to assign them, I hope anyway.
    Peter

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You can't assign them per se. It just remembers which one is associated with a panadapter. It's how I did SO2R with mine before I got the PGXL to beta test. 
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited March 2018
    There is a thread on this that takes you step by step... it’s very easy
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    OK, so I need to be in SO2R in order to assign them to a panadapter is that correct?
    I see default TX2 and TX1 already as profiles, but, if I understand this correctly, they only enable one slice or the other to xmitkey the amp ...sorry this is a bit confusing.
    How precisely do I assign one PTT to one slice and the other PTT to the other slice?  And again this is only possible in SO2R operation correct?  And thanks for putting up with me, I hope this thread will help others down the road.
    Peter

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I searched earlier and didn't find a thread, got a link?
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited March 2018
    Look in the archive.. there is a step by step instruction and very easy
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited March 2018
    It’s under Assigning TX1 and TX2 to different slices
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Phew I did it.  THANK YOU ALL.  I must say this forum is FANTASTIC for helping out folks who are new to this radio.  

It is an amazing piece.

Now I have the amp working perfectly.

Thanks again!!
    Peter
    W2PP

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited March 2018
    Give me ur email and I’ll send you the instructions
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    By the way one of the reasons you have TX1, TX2 and TX3 is if you want to key multiple pieces of equipment with a delay between them.  For example maybe you have a 160 receiving antenna that has a high cost preamp on it.  You do not want to leave the preamp connected to the antenna when you go to transmit with 1500 watts on the 160M inverted L located 50 feet away.  If you do you might find your expensive preamp is no longer working.  So you set it up on TX1 to ground the input of the preamp and then with a small delay TX2 keys your amplifier.  Now you can safely operate and not worry about destroying your expensive preamp.
  • Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I hadn't realized that this was a necessary config step b/c I had been using a "fork" of the SO2R default profile that already had it set up.  

Anyone have a link to the article in question? 

Matt NQ6N

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.