Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I get codec2 ?

Amos Sobel
Amos Sobel Member ✭✭
I did install FreeDV with  my SmartSDR 2.3.9. I am told I need Codec2 but I could  not find its installation file. I did install SmartSDR_FreeDV_Waveform_Installer. Runnig it shows "No FreeDV Slice". No FDV mode is seen on my SliceA. What's missing?

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Amos
    You need to select, FDV as the mode in a slice. It only works when it's enabled.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Amos Sobel
    Amos Sobel Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Jay, I did find it. First, you have do set the waveform manager to accept FreeDV v1.05 and than you can select FDV. My FreeDV showes now signs of life but I could not receive any activity.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The FreeDV API hasn't been updated in a couple years now and it is best to just run the Windows Sound card version which is up to ver 1.3 now as of May (https://freedv.org/), This software changes quite often and to stay up with the latest modes there is just no way for who'm ever created the API for the 6000 series to keep up with the changes if it is even possible any longer. 
    Simply run it in DIGIU mode. 

Bret
    WX7Y

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Where do you get FreeDV for Flex?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.