Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Austin ...I have a PEN Problem

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Friday......I decided to Install PEN package ......Read all instructions ....seems a Piece of cake.....and found 2 ADC board instead of 1 I have seen on installation Procedure brochure......then I noted Brochure is for Flex 6400 and mine is 6600...I received just one Heat Sink too...I guess I need open a Ticked

George,
YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    George,

Sorry about the mix up with the heatsinks.  Do this to keep your radio running until you receive the other heatsink.

Install the heatsink on the board that is on the left as you are looking at them.  That that is the ADC associated with the 1st SCU and the one the radio uses most often

If you have a small zip tie, place it around the copper heat sink on the other ADC board to keep it from actually falling off.  It does not have to be tight, just snug.  That will provide enough cooling to keep it operational until the 2nd heatsink arrives.

The send an email to pen@flexradio.com and tell them that they only sent you one heatsink for a 6600 and you need the other one ASAP.  I suspect they inadvertently picked up the wrong kit to send to you.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Roger that!!!...thank you!!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2018
    Tim . . . 7:30 on a Friday night and you are still working . . . Cheers
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    There is no rest for the weary ;-)

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Steve

Beers are on me!! and he knows :D

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2018
    I have a kegerator in my kitchen loaded with a keg of Sam Adams Summer Ale and Leninkeugel.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Update July 20, 2018
    Today, I have received two heatsink for my flex 6600, Great!! So fast ( remember I'm at Venezuela), however, instructions I guess are for ATU Installation.....I'm ok I know what to do thanks to all info Flex crew has published...Thanks Dawn ...thank you all guys!

As well I received my  UPS label delivery...I am wondering if that mod is really necessary, cause to send my radio to Flex office will cost me around 700$
    cheers!!!
    George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.