Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6400/FLEX-6400M/FLEX-6600/FLEX-6600M now certified for CE

Gerald-K5SDR
Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
To our European customers,

We are pleased to announce that we have successfully completed all requirements for CE certification for the FLEX-6400, FLEX-6400M, FLEX-6600 and FLEX-6600M radios! We are now transitioning the changes made during the certification process into manufacturing in order to begin deliveries into Europe. We are currently expediting components that will allow us to begin delivery to our EU distributors in June.

Thanks to those of you who have been patiently waiting while we completed this process.

Gerald

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Congratulations to Flex Engineering to meet these guidelines!! Lots of happy Europeans today!!!  I wish Trump was a Ham Radio Operator!!! He could have a FLEX on Air Force One!!!   Hey, can we get a Flex on the ISS!!! :-) 

• Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited May 2018
    Finally, after having ordered a year.  And as a thank you now a price increase because of the dollar exchange rate?
  • ei3gqb
    ei3gqb Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes a flex on iss ..how bout it..?
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    There is a 6700R on ISS already!
    Andrew VK5CV
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Had my Flex 6600M for a week, finally unpacked the microphone to start the TX testing, plugged in the Mic, as well as the PTT RCA jack.. Placed it into a Dummy Load, Needed to have the PTT feature to register SmartLink... After That was completed and the radio was registered, I went on 20 meters and called CQ!! WHAT!!! No RF output or modulation??? Turns out the Dummy Load was ME!!!  Forgot to activate the BIAS setting for the Mic!! All was well,, 20 meters was not open, but had a single contact, Great Audio report with the hand held microphone!!  ****,,, now I need to go to work,,, OK more fun on Friday,, Vacation Day!!! :-) 

Robert WA6PHN
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I believe there are 2 Flex 6700's on the ISS.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Correct.. 2 Flex 6700 on the ISS
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

I've spent decades working purchases between currencies, and yes it is hard to control for a small purchase like a radio.

But there are techniques (buy the currency you will need ahead, prepay the actual purchase, buy a currency future, using bank accounts in different currencies to transfer ahead, or simply invest the needed money while waiting) that can help.

It's hard to discipline oneself to hedge on expected currency needs. 

I never moan about the overseas producer myself, as unless they are a major exporter they won't protect me, and I know the tools I could have/should have used.

Currencies are much like weather - if you are patient enough wait long enough, they often move in your advantage.

BTW the short term US Dollar market trends appear to favor hedging even now, lest you have to pay even more when the transaction goes through.

Steve K9ZW

• AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Can someone please post a link to or a copy of the latest (or even better - all of) the EU certification documents for the Flex-Radio Signature Series 6000/6400/6600 so that our EU friends can maintain a copy of these. It is a requirement of some countries that the certification documents be maintained by the station owners. You mention the process is complete, but as we all know: "The job is not complete until the paperwork is done!"

Mitch AE2A

• Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Its near the end of June now,,are they due in European distributors next week or is there another delay?

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    We are preparing the CE radios for shipment.  You need to contact your distributor to get their latest update on delivery.
  • Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Tim
  • Mark Chamberlain
    Mark Chamberlain Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Tim Can you clarify please, does this mean the ce radios are built and boxed ready to be shipped ? Regards Mark M0ZSS
  • Karel Naessens
    edited June 2018
    Tim I am afraid this looks like another delay. Patently waiting for almost a year....  Karel ON4FI 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2018
    When I went to purchase mine they were totally out of them. Couldn't get me one due to parts delay . . . Just saying
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    Mark - our distributors have been notified as to their shipping schedule.  Please contact them for updated information.
  • Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited June 2018
    Troost u Karel, hier reeds meer dan een jaar geleden besteld....
  • Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Not only the radios delayed to Europe. I ordered a few simple things like a FHM-2 handmic and a second Flexcontrol many weeks ago, to be read as today months. No delivery sofar, only mail after mail to my European supplier answering ... Not in stock, not coming from USA, backlog, delayed ... 

I can live with that for the time being.  have a Flexcontrol and a Maestro already. But I would like to buy for my second Flex, my 6500, as well. 

Can't help feeling that in FRS world Europe is a loooong way away! Don't like that feeling, guess FRS answer would be that all customers are equal, all markets are at eq importance. But having to wait for a simple thing as a mic for my Maestro for months?? And yes, I'm a bit grumpy today :)
  • Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited June 2018
    http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs... maybe read on pages 15 and 16, article 85437001 and 85437006? Radioamateur devices?
  • Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Can't really see how a Flexradio would fit that descriptions? No phonepatching gear the Flexradio I belive as to 85437001 . Not much of audiomixer as article 85437006 describes. Guess Bob Heils new hamradiomixer they introduced at Hamvention might fit the bill better. Guess one has to wait and see what happens.
  • Karel Naessens
    edited June 2020
    Looks like Flex 6400/6600 are on there way to europe... Got confirmation from PA distributor that my 6400 will arrive next monday july 16! 

• Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited July 2018
    All ready in the shack.
  • DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Have you received it?
  • Karel Naessens
    edited July 2018
    Received it on July 18!
  • DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Have fun with it, waiting is soon over I guess :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.