Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro waterfall....

Charles - K5UA
Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
Is it possible, on the Maestro, to bring the waterfall real estate to zero similar to what is possible in SSDR? I can't seem to minimize it, and I can't find anything concerning this in the Maestro manual. I would like for a single panadapter to fill the entie screen. I guess I could turn the waterfall to black, but the panadapter still only occupies half the screen. Is there some way to bring the waterfall down to zero, or make it occupy less screen real estate as in SSDR?

Comments

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This has my vote also... PS. Nice shirt Ray!
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
     thats actually a real good suggestion.. quite surprised that was not asked for during alpha testing
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It was.  It didn't make the cut for the initial release.  
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Tim, will look for it in a future release.  Only a couple of hours into operating the Maestro but impressed so far.  VERY happy that HI-LOW and SHIFT-WIDTH selectivity is easy to get to.  IMHO, Flex radios are not not going to sell Maestros....Maestros are going to sell Flex radios.  The great untapped potential of us "knob-guys" has finally been tapped.  Good show.
  • Gary F
    Gary F Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I agree, it will free up space on the display when operating dual slices.
  • Jim Garland
    Jim Garland Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Never liked waterfall displays, and really hope a future release will allow me to make it disappear. Really clutters the display with two panadaptors showing.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ditto. Resizing the waterfall as an option is a definite yes.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I would have loved a QRP radio inside the Maestro so it could be a complete radio in it of itself.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Salvador
    Isn't WiFi, QRP enough for you?image

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    One of the features of SSDR for Windows I really like is the ability to adjust the ratio between panadapter and waterfall.  When I have multiple panadapters open, I need to shift the waterfall to be much smaller than when I only have one pan open.  Just a quick click & drag and everything is the way I like it.  It will be nice for the Maestro when something similar is implemented.
  • Jim Garland
    Jim Garland Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I'd love to be able to turn off the waterfall, especially with two panadapters open. I never use the waterfall and find it just clutters up the screen.
  • tartanlatte
    tartanlatte Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    +1 for this, is there any update on if this has made the list for an up-coming version, or do I need to write a bot to up the number of replies a little more :-)
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I like the way it works now as well, on SSDR for Win, just pull the water fall down out of sight, then turn it off in the settings.
  • Jim Garland
    Jim Garland Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I posted a request for an update to enable turning off the waterfall two years ago. Is this a dead issue? I'd sure like to have the full spectrum available on the screen, especially with two spectrums being monitored. I have the same issue with my 6600M. Thanks. - Jim W8ZR
  • Dean Bianco
    Dean Bianco Member
    edited June 2020
    Well, what is the verdict?  Can one completely turn off, minimize, or at least "hide" the waterfall in favor of a spectrum analyzer-only display on the 6400M's native screen (as opposed to having to use a PC monitor, which defeats the entire design philosophy of having the M).
  • Bill N3HQB
    Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have a 6300 and the original Maestro, and would benefit by having two full spectrum displays to work with.  We have been assured that it will come to pass someday...
  • Dean Bianco
    Dean Bianco Member
    edited June 2020
    Thanks, Bill N3HQB....

So, Tim W4TME @ Flexradio.  Is this issue of turning off the waterfall display on the "M" being considered in a forthcoming software revision/implementation?

Please have the courtesy to respond.

Thanks so much!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.