Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR v2.3.964 bit Barfs on Install

Rex K0KP
Rex K0KP Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Upon attempted install Smart SDR v2.3.964 bit Windows 10 reports "error - source is corrupted" the install stalls when trying to install wdreg.exe.  Windows Defender and all anti-virus is suspended.  Unable to install the new version until this install is fixed.  Downloaded three times from the Flex Downloads section and no joy.  Previous versions installed without a problem.  Even tried uninstalling the previous version 2.3.7 and no joy.

Answers

• Rex K0KP
    Rex K0KP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Downgraded to the previous v2.3.7 and all is well again.  No problem with this version.  Retried the new version and still reports it is corrupt.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Good morning Rex, have you tried to install on another PC with a fresh download from FlexRadio running Malwarebytes and an antivirus software first.

I routinely install on 4 notebooks, all of them with different OS (Win7 64bit HE, Win 7 64bit Pro, Win10 64bit HE, Win1064bitpro) keeping all antivirus software and Windows defender running.

With SSDR version 2 I have not had any installation problems, running all my notebooks as admin and keeping a wary eye on the Win10 permissions. I also clean up all my PC's regularly with Malwarebytes and TuneUp.

wdreg.exe resides in 5 64bit drivers folders of SmartSDR. You could look at this folder and at it's permissions and see whether there are any corruptions.

Hope this helps a bit,
    Vy 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Rex, probably you installer corrupted during download, sometime this is a ISP issue.
    with any installer of version 2.x i have no problem on my Win10 under Parallels.
    Just try download at the next day or with other ISP
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thank you, Sergey, I did'nt think about the ISP!
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I got this whatever that meansimage
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Burt, looks like installer have not enough right to have access  to the mentioned folder, some time this is Windows system case what required system reload or roll back to the previous point of restore.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The computer was not on, this was an install on a 6400M. 
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'm sorry, 6400M has inside computer, i mean OS where installed SmartSDR - in this case Maestro inside 6400M
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2018
    Bert, that is a benign error.  Tap OK and the radio will continue to work properly.
  • Rex K0KP
    Rex K0KP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    OK Smart SDR v 2.3.9 will not install on a second Windows 10 machine.  Windows Defender is suspended, no other third party software.  Same issue, file is corrupt.  This is the fourth download and a computer unrelated to the initial computer.image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.