Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink Setup

David McDonald
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a Flex 6300 and I tried the auto connection function that did not work on my Netgear router. I need to port forward manually and wanted to know when I go inside of my router what IP address do I use the Flex or my computer address and what ports?

Answers

• N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    You use the IP address of the Flex

and you need to forward ports TCP 4994 and UDP 4993
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    David, My Netgear R6220 automatically sets the port forwarding based on uPnP.  I had some issues recently because the DHCP port of my 6300 changed.  I went into the router and reserved the ip address for the 6300.  I then turned uPnP off which deleted the old settings, turned it back on and booted the 6300.  The router reestablished the port forwarding to the new, reserved IP address.  Hope this helps.  Make sure uPnP is turned on in your router.

• David McDonald
    edited July 2018
    Ok thanks I just got a new Netgear router to replace my older one. When you go to the smatlink setup where it says automatic if that is highlighted blue does that mean auto is selected? When I select the auto tab forward port comes up and has -1 selected?
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    You have to go to advanced setup and select UPnP. There you must make sure UPnP is turned on. It should show you the 2 ports that are forwarded.
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Note. This is in the router setup, not smartlink

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.